Support Modification

A person paying support for a child ("child support") or support for a spouse or former spouse ("spousal support" also known as alimony) may experience a change in income, health or some other circumstance that affects his or her ability to make the support payment. Or there may occur a change in the circumstances of the supported child or spouse. For example, spousal support may be modified because the person receiving the support finds a better-paying job or a new source of income.

Generally, when circumstances substantially change from those which existed when the support order was made, the support payment may be modified either by agreement of the parties or a new court order.

For more information about the modification of support contact Joanne and set up an appointment.